Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Snow Days

We've gotten a lot of snow lately.


I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm pretty much a big baby when it comes to winter and cold weather. Add in the snow, and well it's a little embarrassing.

My dogs, though, haven't been put off by the cold weather or the snow. They still want to go for their walks.

Which means I had to don my new rain boots (yes they have foxes on them!) and my old swimming parka to brave the wintery weather this weekend.




This parka, by the way, is the best $160 my parents ever spent on me. I got it as a Christmas gift back when I was 12. Yep. So this baby is getting pretty old, but it's still the warmest jacket I've ever had.

On our walk, we passed a lot of snow piles.





Yep, there's a car under there.

Once we got to the park, there was some frolicking.






There was also the moment I fell over.

But I'm a creative type and I managed to make good use of laying in the snow.


After the walk, I was ready for something warm. 

It felt like a hot chocolate and pasta kind of day.



Full and warm, we relaxed.


Not a bad way to spend a winter weekend, but who's ready for summer and sun and an island vacation? 

0 comments:

Search This Blog

 

elizabeth norris Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger