Monday, April 28, 2014

Paint Party!

When I got back to New York, I knew I needed a girls night. Thankfully, Living Social provided us with a great excuse to get together.



Yep, a Paint Party.

I hadn't heard of Paint Nite, but the gist of it is this.

You sign up online and then show up.

You start with a blank canvas.


Order some food and drinks.



Get your paints and brushes.





Listen to your instructor.



And paint!


We all swore that we weren't good artists (more on who lied at the end) but we chose Purple Trees which said that it was going to be easy and thought why not give it a try. 




We even took a vow:
I promise to relax and have not to bitch and moan. Not to throw my canvas across the room. Not to say "I messed up," or "Mine sucks," or "Can you fix it," or "Can you just do it," or "I thought this was paint by numbers."
And then we tried our best to follow instructions...while also holding to that vow.




When we finished painting the background, I had already surpassed my artistic expectations.



Once the background was dry we added our purple trees and our instructor encouraged people to kind of do their own thing. 




I did what she did because apparently I have no imagination when it comes to painting.



Here's mine, which is now hanging in my living room.


There were some seriously talented people in the class. 




Including the person who did this.



Now come on, does this look like someone who professes to not be good at art? Um, no. Jaida, you liar you're too modest.


I'm so up for doing another one of these. Now I just have to decide which painting to do!



0 comments:

Search This Blog

 

elizabeth norris Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger