Monday, May 12, 2014

A Cabin in the Woods

This past weekend I was lucky enough to go to an awesome writing retreat at the Highlights Foundation in the Pocanos.

It was pretty much like staying in a cabin in the woods.



But with good food and even better company.




I took a train and then a car ride out there. It was about 3 hours or so all together.



The barn was where we met for meals and talks.



And anyone who didn't want to stay in a cabin, could stay in the farmhouse or up at the main lodge.



I was both disappointed and relieved that this wasn't my cabin, facing the woods all creepy-like.


Before I left I went on a long walk on a trail. There was a creek and a lot of nature. And since I'm such I'm such a city girl, this was a lot of fun.










It was also pretty fun because a week earlier I started a new project, which includes a dead body in the woods.

0 comments:

Search This Blog

 

elizabeth norris Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger