Thursday, May 15, 2014

Ballerina Dreams

I am not a good dancer. I never have been. I even have trouble picking up the choreography when I'm doing step aerobics. My ballet days didn't last long, but there's nothing like a trip to the New York City Ballet to make you wish you were still holding onto those swan lake dreams. Even if, like me, you didn't actually have any.


A few weeks ago, one of my friends mentioned the ballet. I'm not sure who or what prompted the discussion, but very quickly all of us decided it was wrong that we'd spent this much time in New York and not all gone to the ballet together.

We decided to go after work to an All Balanchine performance. We'd see four separate performances, all originally choreographed by George Balanchine.

First, though, we'd need to eat.

I've been looking for an excuse to visit my favorite Creperie for a while, and this was the perfect one. Vive La Crepe on 68th and Columbus is only a few blocks from Lincoln Center. We headed up there after work and joined the crowd for some sweet and savory crepes.



Danielle sat outside and held down our bench while the rest of us ordered.





Everyone put up with me while I snapped pictures of the crepe making process.



I got a spinach, mushroom, and goat cheese crepe with a nutella hot chocolate. Because really, you can't pass up a nutella hot chocolate. 






Then it was off to Lincoln Center to pick up our tickets. 



And we passed Chuck Bass's hotel, but didn't see him, unfortunately.



Inside we took our seats and were awed.





Look how magical this place is in black and white.





Danielle even took a quick (sans flash) shot of the dancers at the end of the last performance--which was my absolute favorite. Teresa Reichlen danced the second movement and was absolutely stunning.


Outside we were still a little picture happy and overwhelmed by how amazingly talented everyone was--and how they made it look so easy. 


We stared off into the fountain. 



And even felt a little inspired to try some dance moves of our own.






Thankfully, the professionals perform almost every night and we got tired and went home. 

I'm already planning when I want to go back!

0 comments:

Search This Blog

 

elizabeth norris Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger